Summer is coming, and you can’t wait to go out into the wilderness and just enjoy the warm weather. What is better to accompany your journey beside Coleman gas camping stove for a mealtime?
You just can’t wait to enjoy the warm summer day and start hiking somewhere up to the mountain.
Enjoying the blue sky, having dinner by the river and sleeping underneath the shining stars is something we all craving after having to deal with busy life for weeks.
Now, preparing for a camp is easy if you know what you need to pack. And it starts with your outdoor cooking appliances.
Coleman Camping Stoves
Coleman is a reliable brand when it comes to outdoor cooking. It offers various camping stove with many kinds of fuels such as:
- Dual fuel
- Liquid fuel
Before choosing a camping stove, you need to decide whether you buy the canister fuel or liquid.
There are two categories of camping stove based on the fuel used to run them; canister and liquid fuel.
Canister stoves typically use propane/butane or isobutane to keep the heat while liquid-fuel stoves use refined white gas which is better at providing a consistent flame in low temperatures.
Coleman gas camping stove is the number one bestseller camping stoves available right now.
If you’re considering buying one right now, wait until you’ve read this full article.
Coleman Gas Camping Stove Specification
This gas camping stove is a classic propane stove with 2 adjustable burners. It has high BTUs power up to 20,000 which means higher heat and faster cooking time.
The cooking surface can fit a 12-inch and 10-inch frying pan at the same time. Coleman Gas Camping comes with a windshield to provide a steady flame.
- Material: Aluminum Steel
- Weight: 0,02 kg
- Dimensions: 4 x 21.9 x 13.7 inches; 0.71 oz
- Chrome-plated grate
Benefits of Coleman gas camping stove:
- Adjustable windshield to protect burners from wind and to fit various pan sizes.
- Consistent performance, even in extreme weather.
- Gas burners mean energy efficacy
- Maximum 20,000 total BTUs
- Adjustable controls for 2 temperature zones
- Easy to clean. Thanks to its removable chrome-plated grate
- Powered with 1 16.4 oz propane cylinder, it can last up to 1 hour with both burners on.
- Durability. It still works even after years.
- It’s either high heat or off, there’s nothing in between.
- Hard to regulate.
- Lack of temperature control.
Many reviewers say that the Coleman gas camping stove is hard to control when it comes to low heat.
If you imagine a product where you can set the heat into simmer or medium heating, this camping stove is not for you.
The Coleman gas camping stove has poor heat control and the valves work terribly. Although it has ½ to ¼ turn for regulating the gas burners, all the flame will go up in less than a ¼ turn.
Fixing Coleman Gas Camping Stove High Flame
However, there is an excellent easy fix to remove the frustration with the valve control. Here is a step-by-step guide for you to follow:
- Use a head screwdriver or a 12 mm box wrench to remove the knobs on the vales. Then, unscrew the brass nut that secures it to the front of the stove.
2. After that, back out the valve stem using the knob and remove the stem that has two O rings and the brass needle valve.
3. Take a clean paper towel and wipe the gunk or the valve lube off of the O rings thoroughly.
4. Apply a tiny amount of silicone-based plumber’s grease. Do not use the one that is made of petroleum jelly, or you ruin the rubber.
5. Twisted some paper towels into a point and swabbed out the inside of the valved, but make sure you don’t leave any paper in there. Once you’re done, assemble the parts.
6. Now, the valves can be adjusted easily and precisely to reduce flame for simmering and easier control.
Should You Buy It?
Coleman gas camping is great for outdoor cooking, camping, or if you just need a secondary stove for an emergency when the electricity goes off.
It fits 2 frying pan at the same time and can provide steady high heat, thanks to its windshield. With 20,000 BTUs, boiling water can be done in minutes, and it allows faster cooking time.
The only current problem is that you cannot adjust to low heat easily. You need to tweak the valve with the aforementioned guide above.
Many customers explain that this product may have been a solid 5 stars if the valve works for low heat without tweaking.
But with extra steps, you can have the Coleman gas camping stove for simmer and middle heat for outdoor cooking.